Work Readiness Instructor
Poughkeepsie, NY US
Hourly Rate: $30.00 - $35.00 depending on experience
The Work Readiness Instructor is responsible for the delivery of Pre-Employment Transition Services to students with disabilities, ages 14-21 within Dutchess, Ulster, and Putnam counties. Duties include providing Pre-ETS services to students with disabilities that prepares them for successful long-term employment consistent with their strengths, abilities, interests, and informed choices.
- Mentoring students at local high schools in the following services: Job Exploration Counseling, Workplace Readiness Training, Instruction in Self Advocacy, Work Based Learning, and Post-Secondary Education Counseling.
- Develops and fosters relationships with Students, School District Personnel including special education and transitional coordinators, family members, and other agencies within the community.
- Promotes the Pre-ETS trainings to students, school district personnel, families, other community agencies.
- Maintains confidential student data and submit progress reports.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associates Degree required, Bachelors or Master s degree preferred
- Teaching/Classroom experience preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience using non-traditional community service to engage students with disabilities in career exploration and employment
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus