Medical Billing Clerk
Hudson Valley, NY US
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working directly with the insurance company, healthcare provider, and patient to get a claim processed and paid
- Reviewing and appealing unpaid and denied claims
- Handling collections on unpaid accounts
- Managing the facility s Accounts Receivable reports
- ***Must be able to perform an average of 100 claims per day***
- Experience in filing claim appeals with insurance companies to ensure maximum entitled reimbursement.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Strong computer skills including practice management software, word processing and spreadsheet applications, with a minimum of 40 wpm typing speed
- High school or equivalent
- Medical Billing: 2 years
- Medical Billing Certification (optional)